Saturday 11 May 2013

My MAC Lipstick Collection

I love a good MAC lipstick and really enjoy looking at collection posts to get an idea of colours and swatches. At £14 they are on the pricy side (especially as I used to buy them when they were £10!) so I like to make sure I know what I'm getting and do a lot of research before hand. MAC lipsticks are definitely my favourite as there are so many amazing shades and formulas available, and the majority are of excellent quality. Considering I don't wear lipstick everyday, I have managed to build up quite a large collection over the years. I have 10 in total, which probably is a minimal amount for some beauty girls, but more than enough for me at the moment! (That doesn't stop me still having my eye on a few shades though!) 


(Left to Right) Ravishing, Costa Chic, Angel, Brave, Fanfare, Lovelorn, Cremecup, Mighty Aphrodite (LE), Blankety, Hue



(Left to Right) Ravishing, Costa Chic, Angel, Brave, Fanfare



Lovelorn, Cremecup, Mighty Aphrodite (LE), Blankety, Hue


(Top to bottom) Ravishing, Costa Chic, Angel, Brave, Fanfare

 

(Top to bottom) Lovelorn, Cremecup, Mighty Aphrodite (LE), Blankety, Hue



Ravishing: A vibrant coral/peach colour with a Cremesheen finish (which is definitely my favourite finish!) and warm undertones. Has a glossy finish and is very long lasting on the lips.This is perfect for an added brightness to my face without being too harsh

Costa Chic: An extremely bright true coral colour in a Frost finish which means that there is a slight shimmery sheen. I haven't been brave enough to wear this too often but have worn it a few times very sheerly and blotted to give a coral stain effect, which is less dramatic.

Angel: This is another Frost finish but has much less of a shimmer to it than Costa Chic. It is one of those 'my lips but better' shades as it is a nudey pink colour that blends in to the lips seamlessly.

Brave: This is a cross between a nude and a plum shade on my skin tone (I'm seriously pale) and it definitely has some wine-y undertones to it. This is a Satin finish which has a smooth, almost matte finish but a slight natural sheen to it. I find this finish the most long lasting on my lips.

Fanfare: A bright pink with warm, red undertones to it. Another Cremesheen finish with a smooth, glossy texture. Good for those who are scared of colour as it is extremely wearable yet bright at the same time. 

Lovelorn: This is a Lustre finish which is slightly sheerer than a Cremesheen but still has that glossy effect.This is a true bright pink with slightly blue tones in, which sadly doesn't quite suit my skin tone, yet this is still a beautiful colour.

Cremecup: Cremecup is a Cremesheen finish lipstick in a muted blue-ish pink shade with cool undertones (which as I mentioned previously, doesn't match my skin tone as well as warmer colours). This one kind of 'sits' on my lips and isn't as flattering as some of the other Cremesheens I have tried. 

Marquise D': This was actually my first ever lipstick I purchased from MAC and although I have used a fair amount of this, I really don't get on with it...I just don't like the shimmer! It's a Lustre finish but it has really large chunks of golden glitter which linger even when the lipstick has worn off. This was limited edition in the Wonder Woman collection and because of our long history, I'm too attached to give this one away. The colour itself is a nice, muted pink which is right up my street. What a shame :(

Blankety: This is a true nude colour, but because of my pale complexion it does appear a lot darker and more complementary than it would on darker complexions. This is an Amplified finish which is one of the more pigmented finishes and longer lasting.

Hue: Another 'my lips but better' colour with a nude/peach shade in a Glaze formula which adds a glossy finish rather than a colour to the lips. Probably one of my most worn just because it is so easy to just throw on without worrying too much about smudging and such. 

Thanks for reading and I hope I helped some of you out because the MAC lipstick stand can sometimes be a bit overwhelming! 

Daisy x


No comments:

Post a Comment